Update 10/23/10: for those of you looking for the most relevant information on the elections I recommend you visit www.SaveASD.com for candidates that will act as the public watchdogs we need, instead of acting as apologists for district policies.
I received an email about a week ago from a Susan Schnell concerning a link Alpine School District (ASD) had put on their website Mission Statement page in an effort to bolster their position that America is a Democracy. By directly linking to an outside site, they gave tacit approval and endorsement of everything on that site, but especially the page they linked to.
After Susan’s email started to circulate, ASD pulled the link. Read below and you’ll find out why.You’ll also wonder how on earth they thought the original page they linked to was acceptable just by itself. I filed a GRAMA request with the district on 2/18/10 for more information which will be published here when we have the answers. Please sign the petition on this site (www.UtahsRepublic.org) to be notified as things progress and to ask the state to return us to constitutional education in the tradition of our Founding Fathers.
Here is Susan’s email:
WARNING TO ALL ALPINE SCHOOL DISTRICT PARENTS
I am a parent of 4 children in Alpine School District (ASD) in Utah and I just found out some alarming things that our district is promoting. Please take the time to read this as we need to come together as a community to fix a monumental problem which has crept into our local district. Then please go to http://www.utahsrepublic.org to learn more about this issue and what we can do to solve it. School board elections are coming up soon and we can fix this if we all work together quickly.
Many are aware that our country’s leaders are trying to transform this nation into democratic socialism. You already know that one of their main techniques is to indoctrinate school children around the nation into gradually believing Progressive ideology and move away from our great Constitutional heritage. I moved here in the heart of a conservative city and state from California hoping for a better education and environment for my children. However, I was shocked to find out recently that our own Alpine School District has been aligning itself with people who believe that we are NOT a great God-inspired Republic. They are teaching that our Founding Fathers were wrong in establishing a Republic, that the Constitution was set up by wealthy elitists who only wanted gain for themselves and that we should transform our Republic nation into a social and political Democracy by teaching this false doctrine to our children. They even went as far as linking their Mission Statement page with a California Green Party candidate who believes Jesus is a vampire. READ ON….
WHAT OUR SCHOOL DISTRICT IS TEACHING
Last week my daughter’s 6th grade history teacher was falsely teaching the class that the United States of America is not a Constitutional Republic but a Democracy even when my daughter corrected him twice. One of his main jobs at the school is to teach the Constitution to all 5th and 6th grade students. He also told her that a book she was reading made up of quotes from our Founding Fathers about the Constitution was “pure science fiction”. Because she was not being challenged in any of her subjects and learning false ideas about our country, we decided to check her out of Alpine School District. As we walked into the district office, my daughter and I were shocked to be greeted by a huge sign spanning about 30 feet down the hallway in 12 inch high letters that said:
“Enculturating the Young into a Social and Political Democracy”
I immediately wondered why the school district’s motto wasn’t “We Strive for Excellence in Education” or something similar. Nothing about education, only politics. I don’t want the schools teaching my children about politics or enculturating them into any other belief system other than what we teach at home. Enculturating is a brand new word invented by Progressives which means changing someone’s core belief system.
FALSE STATEMENTS ON THE MISSION STATEMENT PAGE
The ASD Mission Statement page says:
“Our current government is best symbolized as a representative democracy.”
(False! Our current government as set up by the Constitution is a Republic. There is NO mention of the words democracy or democratic anywhere in the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence.)
“The primary purpose of education is developing democratic citizens. Every teacher should have this major board objective in mind as he/she prepares the curriculum.”
(False! The primary goal of each teacher should be to teach the subject in which he/she specializes and leave out politics!)
Shouldn’t a music teacher’s goal be to teach music, a math teacher’s goal to teach math? Why are they teaching that “enculturating the young into a social and political democracy” is more important than teaching core subjects?
A link on the Mission Statement page led to America: Republic or Democracy? That page is an opinion piece (not a fact) by William P. Meyers who speaks about the dangerous and selfish goals of the Founding “Elitists”. He states that an example of a Republic is the “evil empire” of the former USSR and that the elitists started this country as a Republic, but it was a dangerous mistake so people for over two centuries have been trying to change it to a Democracy. Obviously by linking this statement directly to the website, our district believes this false idea.
(As word started to circulate publicly about Bill Meyer’s link, the district quietly stripped it off of their page this week, but we have proof that it was there. Even without Meyer’s link, the ASD has proven that they fully endorse the ideas contained on Meyer’s webpage which denigrate our Founding Fathers and refer to them as “predatory elitists”. This district is determined to teach this to the children in 71 schools in this district.) Proof of the link:
You can look at Meyer’s shocking link here to see what the district deemed was important enough to add to their Mission Statement page. http://www.williampmeyers.org/republic.html
DISTRICT LINKS ITSELF WITH RADICAL SOCIALIST WHO BELIEVES JESUS IS A VAMPIRE
The danger in teaching false ideas about our political system is that other false teachings can also creep into the curriculum. Radical socialist Bill Meyers was linked to our district’s website as the “expert” of why we should be a democracy, and why becoming democratic citizens needs to be the district’s number one goal to teach children and parents instead of traditional education.
Meyers believes in anarchy, pagan worship and that Jesus was just a leader of a small cult and is a REAL vampire! That’s right! He actually says that real vampires disguise themselves as Gods—they live forever and have rituals of drinking blood and eating flesh.
He advocates radical socialism, limiting families to 2 children, abortion to term, homosexuality, worshipping the sun instead of a “dead Jesus”, Mary was just an unwed pregnant teenager, and many other atheist and socialist political views. (Meyers is running for the CA Assembly in 2010 as a Green Party Candidate.)
All this was linked directly from Alpine School District’s website just 2 clicks from the district’s home page!
- Why is the school district pushing this agenda?
- Who is training the administrators and teachers to transform our Republic through indoctrinating our children?
- Who authorized linking Bill Meyers to the district website and who knew about his atheistic and socialist views?
- Where did this philosophy of teaching democracy instead of teaching our Constitution come from when our Founding Fathers made it very clear that democracy always leads to anarchy?
RESEARCH PROVES THAT THIS IS A NATIONAL CAMPAIGN
While I believe most of the teachers and administers don’t understand the danger of what they are teaching our children, it is clear that we need to demand that they go back to teaching basic traditional subjects and get out of the business of politicizing the curriculum. I’m sure they don’t realize that these dangerous ideas are linked to Bill Ayers and other radical socialists who have discovered that the best way to change a nation is to indoctrinate (enculturate) our children and their teachers through “democracy” training.
“I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
In my research I found out that using the word “democracy” is not a mere mistake in language. There is a concerted national and state movement to re-write our history and move our form of government towards socialism by using linguistics. The first step is rewriting our history to make people believe that we are a democracy.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Go to: www.UtahsRepublic.org to sign a petition and get updates about this issue.
- Send this alert to others even if they are not in the district. This philosophy is making its way into many schools in America. Most people are good moral citizens who believe in standing up for the Constitution. It is time we realize what is being taught to our children about this country’s heritage and demand truth.
- Demand more from our district, board members and superintendent. They need to hear from us. We elected them to represent us. PLEASE write all the board members about your concerns.
Barnes, Donna: email@example.com
Terry D. Peterson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fugal, Guy L.: email@example.com
Hannemann, Chrissy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Henshaw, Vernon (Superintendent): email@example.com
Osborn, Timothy S.: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sundberg, JoDee: email@example.com
Taylor, Debbie: firstname.lastname@example.org
A quote from an LDS prophet:
“There are at least three dangers that threaten the Church within, and the authorities need to awaken to the fact that the people should be warned unceasingly against them. As I see these, they are flattery of prominent men in the world, false education ideas, and sexual impurity… – Joseph F. Smith
With hope that you will stand with me for our children’s sake and for our country’s sake,
Quotes about Republic vs. Democracy:
- At the close of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, as he left Independence Hall on the final day of deliberation, Benjamin Franklin was asked,
“Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?”
“A Republic, if you can keep it.”
- We are now forming a Republican form of government. Real Liberty is not found in the extremes of democracy, but in moderate governments. If we incline too much to democracy, we shall soon shoot into a monarchy, or some other form of dictatorship.”
- “…democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.”
–James Madison, Federalist No. 10 (arguing in favor of a constitutional republic)
- “Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.”
– John Adams, 1814
- “The adoption of Democracy as a form of Government by all European nations is fatal to good Government, to liberty, to law and order, to respect for authority, and to religion, and must eventually produce a state of chaos from which a new world tyranny will arise.”
– Duke of Northumberland, 1931
- “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”
– John Marshall, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
- “I have long been convinced that institutions purely democratic must, sooner or later, destroy liberty or civilization, or both.”
– Thomas Babington Macaulay
- “A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until a majority of voters discover that they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury.” — Alexander Tytler
- “A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Ours is a representative republic with a Constitution in which is recognized the natural law and the natural rights of man. It is a republic with a spiritual foundation characterized by freedom — freedom for the individual and for his society.” (Ezra Taft Benson, Department of Agriculture under Eisenhower, An Enemy Hath Done This, page 97.)
- “Democracy will soon degenerate into an anarchy; such an anarchy that every man will do what is right in his own eyes and no man’s life or property or reputation or liberty will be secure, and every one of these will soon mould itself into a system of subordination of all the moral virtues and intellectual abilities, all the powers of wealth, beauty, wit, and science, to the wanton pleasures, the capricious will, and the execrable [abominable] cruelty of one or a very few.” – John Adams