After signing the petition, please consider doing just a little bit more. I encourage everyone to at least send an email to your state school board member and legislators and tell them you support this petition and want to see us reemphasize the importance of living in a Republic with the freedoms vouchsafed to us in the Constitution of the United States.
Just doing one item a day will take only a few minutes and do tremendous good.
1) Contact your local state representative and state senator with a phone call and/or email and let them know you support the petition at this website. (look up legislators here: http://www.utah.gov/government/legislative.html)
2) Contact your state school board member and let him or her know you support the petition at this website. (click this link to go to the Utah State Board member website and this link to see the Utah State Board Member Map to tell who your rep is)
3) Contact your local school district board representatives. Tell them you support this petition and would like them to implement it within the district regardless of what the state does with history standards. (call your school district or find them on the internet to figure out who your board members are). Ask them to sign the petition as well.
4) Contact your local school district superintendent and do the same.
5) Contact the state superintendent and do the same (http://www.schools.utah.gov/board/supt.htm)
6) Contact the Governor and Lt. Governor ask that they support this petition (http://www.utah.gov/government/contactgov.html).
7) Write a blog post about this website and link to it
8) Post the site and videos to your Facebook, MySpace, and other networks to show your support for it
8) Send an email to all your friends and neighbors and ask them to visit this site and sign the petition